Thursday, June 28, 2007

More Cattleyas

This cute orange compact (maybe miniature) cattleya was purchased online. I was surprised that it was flowering when I got it. I really liked it but I didn't water it enough and it dried out. How tragic.

This Dendrobium is doing well; can't remember where I got it. I've had it flower for me many times and even though most of the leaves dropped off it's still flowering for me. I've this year transfered it to Aussie-Gold and its doing very well. I'm thinking I may have got it from a florist; along with a couple of orchids that had finished flowering and was on sale. I had a Miltonia that recovered and bloomed for me but I put it out in the sun and it burned to death.

I got this purple cattleya at a florist in Milpitas with my friend Rey. I bought two of them but only one gave me blooms like this pretty much every year. The other one I later found out, was struggling with it's crappy medium. I've since mounted them onto my "Cattleya Tree."

I got this guy in Hawaii as well. It's named 'Good Life' and growing it from seedling to this size and then flowering is very satisfying!

'Red Beauty' and purple cattleya. I guess this was taken before I watered the little red guy to death.

No comments: