Saturday, June 30, 2007

Kitchen Window Sill

I have two northeast kitchen window sills. This is where I place the rest of my orchids. As you can see I've used up all the space. Most of the pots here are empty; waiting for shipments of orchid to arrive and end up in them. I have 6 more plants so they'll get filled quickly. I've been using Dyna-rok II. the bottom of the pots are acrylic bases/reservoir that I made (thanks to tapplastics) to hold about an inch of water.

My dendrobium is putting out flower spikes; I was surprised as I thought it was going to die but low and behold, its also has new shoots.

These three guys, I got from ebay. The one in the middle is a yellow: Blc. Shinfong Luoyang 'Tian-Mu'. The one on the right is a red color: Pot. Ching Hua Flame 'Red Rose'. The left one is a red with yellow lip: Blc Lily Marie Almas 'MGR' (Orange Nugget x LC Jalapa). They're small, it'll be a while before they flower. Hope they don't die.

No comments: