Friday, December 14, 2007

New Cattleyas

My order of 4 Cattleyas arrive yesterday. It was a quick shipment; only two days.
The plants are from Carter & Holmes.

Blc. Rugeley's Mill 'Mendenhall'
Pot. Red Crab 'Uncle Wang' X Blc Oconee 'Mendenhall'
Blc. Fort Watson 'Mendenhall'
Blc. Bouton D'Or 'Orange Glow' x Blc Carolina Orange D'Or 'Lenette'

The first three are reds and the last one is an orange colored cross.

When I found a picture of Rugeley's Mill 'Mendenhall' on the web, I knew I just had to have it.
see here:
I found this pic at this Japanese orchid blog. A cool website.
I loved the red on this cattleya so much, that I searched all over for it. I couldn't find a blooming size so I got a smaller plant that's 2-4 years from flowering. I guess I just have to wait. will upload pics of my new plants soon.

2 comments:

Angelic said...

Do you have photo of Pot. Red Crab 'Uncle Wang' X Blc Oconee 'Mendenhall'?
Thanks
angelic

ROBOKOO said...

Thanks for your interest. Sorry, I moved my orchids around a couple years ago and 'Uncle Wang' died. It was sad but I lost a lot of my red cattleyas.