Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Red Blush on Cattleya

I was partially re potting some of the Cattleyas that are under the LED grow lights and I was amazed to see the leaves showing a red blush. According to what I've read, this may mean that the catttleyas are at the top end of its light requirements. Wow, and I thought I was gonna have to get more lights. It hasn't been a month yet, so I'll keep watching.
The Chia Lin "New City" has grown new roots and is looking good. I took one of the cuttings and placed it into its own pot. Because my Chia Lin's has had a few set backs, I doubt it will flower any time soon. But hurray for new roots! Both "PCT" and "Red Rose" have sheaths; so I now wonder if they will bloom under the LEDs.
I moved my phalaenopsis "Blushing Bride" to the kitchen sink window
to make room for the newly potted Cattleya.

No comments: